United Way of Greater New Bedford
Since 1953, United Way of Greater New Bedford has been a leading institution on the Southcoast. UWGNB is one of over 1,800 independent, self-governing United Way organizations throughout the United States and is overseen by a local Board of Directors. UWGNB proudly serves residents throughout the Southcoast, with a primary focus on residents from the cities and towns of Acushnet, Dartmouth, Fairhaven, Freetown, Marion, Mattapoisett, New Bedford, Rochester, and Wareham.
Vision statement: “We envision a region where all people have access to the resources and opportunities they need to thrive.”
Mission statement: “We mobilize people, partnerships, and resources to catalyze change that strengthens the communities we serve.”
UWGNB’s values are the following:
- Impact-driven: We work strategically to strengthen the region by responding to community needs and evaluating the programs we run and support to ensure we have impact.
- Integrity: We conduct our work as a funder, convener, and direct service provider openly, honestly, and fairly.
- Compassion: We conduct our work with great care and empathy towards those we are serving.
- Inclusive: We value the perspectives of people from different backgrounds, experiences, races, ethnicities, and cultures.
- Collaboration: We work together with organizations and individuals from across the region to ensure we have the greatest impact.
- Innovation: We create transformative approaches as a fundraiser, funder, convener, partner, and service provider that enable us to be increasingly effective and efficient.
- Leadership: We serve as a partner on important issues and aim to aspire others to become more involved to create a stronger region.