Party for the Ocean focuses on Ocean Health
Celebrate the ocean and learn about marine life at the New Bedford Whaling Museum’s 2018 Party for the Ocean on August 18 from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Experience how whales stay warm.
- Learn how whales see, hear, and stay afloat.
- Explore inside a 43-foot inflatable humpback whale.
- Visit the ocean touch table from the Lloyd Center for the Environment.
- Try a shell painting activity with the Buzzards Bay Coalition.
- Learn about dolphin rescue with National Marine Life Center.
- And don't forget to try the amazing Party for the Ocean cake!
Enjoy more fun activities presented by the Buttonwood Park Zoo, and the New Bedford Whaling Museum’s High School Apprentices.
Activities in the Museum’s Jacobs Family Gallery are free for everyone. Access to the Museum’s other exhibits and galleries during Party for the Ocean are subject to regular admission fees. (Free for Museum members.)