Marion firefighters extinguish Pie Alley boiler fire

Nov 23, 2018

MARION — The Marion Fire Department extinguished a boiler fire on Nov. 23 after responding to reports of smoke at a Pie Alley home around 8:50 a.m.

Upon arrival, crews reportedly located an active fire in the floor below an overheated boiler.

The Marion Fire department requested aid with the Mattapoisett and Rochester Fire Departments responding. The Wareham Fire Department provided station coverage for Marion while crews battled the blaze. 

Crews successfully extinguished the fire and overhauled the area. 

“It was clearly an accidental fire,” said Marion Fire Chief Brian Jackvony.