TOWN OF MARION
The Marion Police Department is seeking a candidate for the position of part-time Administrative Assistant to work 19 hours per week with a pay rate of $18.22.
The Administrative Assistant performs routine clerical, secretarial, and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, maintaining billing and payroll records, and providing information to callers. The Administrative Assistant performs highly responsible and confidential, secretarial duties and administrative functions as directed by the Police Chief or his/her designee.
· High school diploma (or GED) certificate required;
· Two or more years of college preferred, but not required.
Skills and Experience
· The following skills and experience are preferred, but not required:
• Typing skills of 30 WPM;
• One year multi-line telephone experience;
• One year customer service experience or experience working with the public;
• One year data entry or on the job computer experience;
• Use of a personal computer and experience with relevant software applications and word processing;
• Previous work experience as a dispatcher/law enforcement.
• Need to possess a valid Massachusetts driver’s license.
• Applicants should be proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Successful completion and maintenance of any and all prescribed courses of instruction, including but not limited to:
• Training in local rules, regulations, practices, and policies and procedures.
• Must pass a pre-employment background check.
Resumes and letters of interest should be submitted to the Chief of Police, John Garcia, at the Marion Police Department, 550 Mill Street, PO Box 636, Marion, MA 02738.
Applications must be received by Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at noon. The Town of Marion is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer.