Auditions for our next play; “Rabbit Hole” at the MAC
Saturday, May 21, 1:00pm-3:00pm
Sunday, May 22, 1:00pm-3:00pm
Written by David Lindsay-Abaire
Directed by Kate Fishman
Friday, August 19-Sunday, August 21
Thursday, August 25-Sunday, August 28
Only fully vaccinated actors will be considered for roles. Please wear a mask to auditions.
Marion Art Center Theater announces open auditions for the upcoming production of Rabbit Hole written by David Lindsay-Abaire.
Synopsis: Becca and Howie Corbett have everything a family could want, until a life-shattering accident turns their world upside down and leaves the couple drifting perilously apart. "Rabbit Hole" charts their bittersweet search for comfort in the darkest of places and for a path that will lead them back into the light of day.
Director Kate Fishman will be casting five roles: one male and one female able to play late thirties/early forties, one female able to play early thirties, one female able to play mid-sixties and one male able to play a seventeen-year old boy.
- Becca - Late thirties/early forties. Howie's wife. Danny's mother. Usually a very responsible, practical and sensible person but her grief causes her to make some rash decisions throughout the play.
- Howie - Late thirties/early forties. Becca's husband. Danny's father. He is very caring, patient and attentive to Becca, but has a hard time dealing with Danny's death, though he hides it as much as possible.
- Izzy - Early thirties. Becca's younger sister. Irresponsible and impulsive, but well-intentioned. Having trouble "finding herself."
- Nat - Mid sixties. Becca's and Izzy's mother. Outspoken and opinionated, with a tendency to say the wrong thing, she is extremely supportive of her daughters, and frequently acts as their voice of reason.
- Jason - 17 years old. Boy who accidently hit Danny with his car. Awkward and shy, but sensitive and caring, he blames himself completely for Danny's death.