Marion Concert band presents best of Broadway
MARION – The Marion Concert Band is bringing bright lights and the big city to their Friday evening concert series with some show tunes.
The program of music will include big hits from the Broadway stage, including highlights from some of “the most memorable shows.”
The set list is as follows:
- The Showman - H. Akers
- Morning, Noon and Night in Vienna – F. von Suppé
- Broadway Show-Stoppers Overture – W. Barker
- Selections from Into the Woods – S. Sondheim
- Make Our Garden Grow (from Candide) – L. Bernstein
- Haunting Horns – B. Hardin
- Opening Night on Broadway – M. Brown
- West Side Story Selections – L. Bernstein
- Selections from Les Misérables – C.M. Schönberg
- The Invincible Eagle – J. P. Sousa
Guest conductor Philip Sanborn resides in Marion. He is the Music Director and Principal Conductor of the Tri-County Symphonic Band, a position he has held since 2006. A trombonist and euphonium player, he is a member of the Southcoast Jazz Orchestra and has performed with the Rhode Island Philharmonic, Cape Cod Symphony Orchestra, New Bedford Symphony Orchestra and the American Band of Providence, R.I.
The concert will begin at 7:00 at the Robert Broomhead Bandstand, Island Wharf off Front Street in Marion. All concerts are free and open to the public. Visit Marion Town Band on Facebook for up-to-date announcements and rain cancellation notices.