No injuries in Marion electrical fire

Jun 30, 2020

MARION — The town’s fire department, with the help of Wareham Fire Department, extinguished an exterior electrical fire at 106 Point Road on June 30. No injuries were reported.

At 6:21 p.m., the department responded to Point Road for a reported structure fire. 

Upon arrival, crews discovered a smoke coming from an electrical fire that occurred in the attic of a home on Point Road. A bracket broke on a halogen light on the exterior of the home, causing its cedar shingles to catch fire due to the bulb’s heat, Chief Brian Jackvony said. 

Crews contained the fire to the shingles and the trim boards of the house, and extinguished the interior and exterior of the attic area. The fire was put out at approximately 6:45 p.m.

There was no damage to the interior of the home.

Wareham Fire Department was called in to assist with the fire, and the Mattapoisett Fire Department was called to cover the Marion station.