Summer events schedule at Plumb Library
Rochester — The Plumb Library is hosting a variety of children’s and family activities over the coming months to keep kids entertained during the summer.
• Backyard Band Jams, an outdoor music-making event hosted by Rhonda Matson, on June 23 and July 28 at 10:30 a.m. Registration is required and limited to 15 families. Best suited for kids up to nine years old.
• “Sonshine Yoga” with Yogi Lisa on June 24, July 8, July 22, and August 5 at 10:30 a.m. The classes are suitable for children ages 4 to 9. Registration is required and a maximum of 10 children will be allowed in each class.
• An outdoor arts and crafts lesson with the library’s youth group, Plumb’s Jr. Friends on June 24 at 1:30 p.m. and July 7 at 10:30 a.m. The event is suitable for children five-and-up and is limited to 10 kids.
• A “Tales and Tails” green screen photo outside at the library on June 26 at 10:30 a.m. with your choice of virtual background. The event is free and no registration is necessary.
• Tuesdays with Teachers: three Rochester Memorial School teachers will take turns hosting a story book reading followed by a related activity. Mrs. Alves will host on June 29, Mrs. Johnson will host on July 13, and Mrs. Sollauer will host on July 27. The event is best suited for kids four-and-up and registration is required with attendance limited to 12 children.
• A 4-H Club animal show-and-tell on June 30 at 10:30 a.m. and July 1 at 1:30 p.m. including cows, rabbits, chickens, a mini-horse, and more. Children of all ages are welcome to come learn about the animals and how to care for them. Registration is required and the event is limited to 12 kids.
• Wally, the official mascot for the Boston Red Sox, will visit library-goers via Zoom on June 30 at 2 p.m. to act out scenes from famous books while kids laugh along. The Zoom link will be emailed to registrants the day before the event.
• Play hide and seek with Mr. Vinny’s giant puppet, Hodge Podge on June 26 at 1 p.m. and take your picture with him. No registration required.
Visit PlumbLibrary.com to register for events.