Tri-Town coronavirus cancelations
Mar 19, 2020
With gatherings of more than 25 prohibited by the governor to prevent the spread of coronavirus, numerous events across the Tri-Town have been postponed or canceled. They include:
- Tabor Academy school trips to Beijing and Copenhagen
- Old Rochester Regional field trips or international trips
- A meeting on the Mattaposiett Industrial Park updates, which will now be held only online.
- All Buzzards Bay Coalition events over 25 people (potential attendees will be notified by email)
- The Marion Art Center’s production of “The Fox and the Fairway,” which is postponed
- Public meetings in Marion, Mattapoisett and Rochester
- All school classes activities and performances, and school sports through April 7
- Friends of Old Rochester Music instrumental concert
- “Romeo and Winnifred,” the Junior High School Drama Club play
- A fundraiser for basketball coach Glenn Gardner as he battles ALS (tentatively rescheduled for r June 7 at 6:30 at the Century House, with more information as the event approaches.)
- All library events including an author talk, children’s activities and more
- All senior center events, including candidates nights, special luncheons and weekly activities.
- An American Legion meeting in Mattapoisett
- The Rochester Land Trust Annual Meeting
- All scheduled Sippican Lands Trust events and walks, including the Osprey Marsh Boardwalk opening.
- All Mattapoisett Recreation programs until school facilities reopen
- Marion Natural History Museum programs, including a film screening.
- The Mattapoisett Land Trust Tour de Crème event.
- Weekend visits at Its All About the Animals pet shelter
- In-person church services at the Mattapoisett Congregational Church, First Congregational Church of Marion, Saint Rose of Lima, the First Congregatonal Church of Rochester, Saint Rita’s and Saint Anthony’s, and Saint Gabriel’s Episcopal Church.
- The Mattapoisett Museum Charity Yard Sale
- All religious groups, open tables, Lent gatherings and other faith-based gatherings.