Sippican Woman’s Club remembers 1942
MARION — Veterans Day is a time to remember all whose endeavors contributed to secure our freedom. In 1942, the Women’s Club did just that.
The Sippican Woman’s Club, began in 1904, and in the ensuing years sponsored Marion Visiting Nurses (in 1914), fed lunch to school children during the depression, and held dental clinics for children. In 1942, during World War 2, the club opened their club house, Handy’s Tavern, for the Marion Red Cross.