Upcoming events with the Rochester Council on Aging
ROCHESTER — Things at the Rochester Senior Center will start to feel a little more like normal soon as the town’s Council on Aging announced the resumption of some weekly activities, as well as some events scheduled for the end of June.
Cribbage and mahjong will resume weekly on Mondays at 9:30 a.m. while “hand and foot” card game will be played on both Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. and on Thursdays at 9 a.m.
The weekday breakfast program will resume Monday through Friday service from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. starting on June 28. All items are homemade and made-to-order and prices are reasonable. All are welcome.
The senior center will also host:
• A pizza luncheon on Monday, June 21 at noon for a $5 fee.
• Free chair massages on June 24 from 10 to 11 a.m.
• A meet-and-greet with new director Eric Poulin on June 24 from 4 to 6 p.m. Complimentary refreshments will be provided.
• The Council on Aging birthday luncheon on June 25 at noon (free for birthdays January-June, $5 for all others).
• A free “paint party” on Friday, June 25 at 2 p.m. with supplies and instructions provided. Registration required.
• A special luncheon with Marsha featuring chicken salad on June 28 at noon.
• A craft class on June 28 at 1 p.m.
• A drumming event on June 30 at 10:30 a.m.
To register for luncheons and other events, call the Rochester Senior Center at (508) 763-8723.
Finally, Massachusetts State Senator Michael Rodriguez will be resuming his monthly office hours at the senior center every fourth Wednesday of the month from 12- 2 p.m. starting July 28.