Former Old Colony teacher pleads not guilty to rape, indecent assault and battery

Mar 19, 2024

WAREHAM — Former Old Colony Regional Vocational Technical High School culinary teacher Andre Arsenault, 35, pleaded not guilty to charges of rape and indecent assault and battery on a person over 14 following his arrest on Tuesday, March 12. The alleged rape and assault occurred while he was a teacher at Old Colony, according to reports. 

Arsenault was arrested by Rochester and Massachusetts State Police at his workplace in Wareham.

According to a report filed by the Rochester Police Department, Arsenault was arrested without incident and taken to the Rochester Police Department for booking.

Arsenault was arraigned in Wareham District Court on March 12.

He was held at Plymouth County House of Correction with a $1,000 cash bail. It is unclear if his bail has been posted.

According to a criminal complaint filed against Arsenault, his alleged offenses were committed on Oct. 3, 2022 while he was a teacher at Old Colony. In a police report obtained by WCVB, the alleged victim was an Old Colony student.

The police report detailing the charges and arrest has since been impounded by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts until the year 2099. This means that the report is no longer publicly available.

As of Tuesday, March 19, Massachusetts State Police have not yet responded to a Freedom of Information Act request for the police report of Arsenault’s arrest.

According to Old Colony, Arsenault is no longer employed by the school district. The school did not comment further.

Based on the report obtained by WCVB, the alleged victim said Arsenault “was groping her almost every day at school” and that “she was raped during her senior year.”

If found guilty, Arsenault’s charges carry a maximum penalty of 25 years in state prison and he would be required to register as a sex offender upon conviction.

Arsenault will next appear in court on April 26. Arsenault’s attorneys could not be reached for comment.

Several of Arsenault’s neighbors were asked to comment on Wednesday, March 13. All who answered their doors had nothing to say about the charges or the arrest.