No injuries in Delano Road house fire

Nov 14, 2023

MARION — A Nov. 14 house fire on Delano Road in Marion was extinguished “relatively quickly,” said Marion Fire Chief Brian Jackvony.

The fire was reported at approximately 11:48 a.m. and was extinguished at around 12:20 p.m., according to Jackvony.

The Marion Fire Department received mutual aid from the Mattapoisett, Rochester and Wareham Fire Departments.

According to Jackvony, the house was occupied by two adults and one infant at the time of the fire, but the family escaped unharmed. He added that the family’s two dogs also escaped the building safely.

The fire was caused by a mechanical fault with the building’s HVAC unit in the attic, he said, adding that the family is working with remediation companies to make the building habitable again.

“It’s unfortunate that they had the fire but everybody’s safe and that’s the most important part,” said Jackvony.